Good Morning All!! I am extremely excited to share another wonderful Blog friend of mine... Lauren from Forever Now and Then! Lauren is such an amazing gal, I love checking out her blog because she always has something new to share, and her recipes never cease to tempt me to break my diet!
Isn't this picture just adorable?!? Lauren is a devoted Homeschooling Mom of 2 whom I admire so much! Having been home schooled myself I always find it awesome to meet other Mom's who pursue being a home schooling Mom, and what's even more awesome is she's using the same curriculum I grew up with! Ok, moving on to food! Lauren loves to makes sweet treats that will both tempt and delight you, and I'm convinced that because I got the recipe off of her blog that the calories don't affect me. ;-) And now without further ado I bring you Lauren's latest creation....
Before I get to the goods, let me let you know who I am….I promise to keep it short. After all we got some baking to get to.
My name is Lauren. I’m a stay at home mom of 2. I home school both my children (second grade and preschool)…. which we just finished our school year…. holler!!
If I am not stuffing my families face with food, I am trying to make them laugh. I find it very hard to be serious. I am by no means a writer. In fact I have been staring at my computer for the last hour trying to figure out what to write about myself. I am a pretty boring person :)
I began my blog as a way to keep my self-busy and away from the mall. Both my husband and Visa are thankful. Although I do find myself spending more on food…
When Kim (who’s blog I stalk on a regular basis) asked me to do a guest post for her, I was in the middle of my kids’ karate class; I let out a yelp of joy…. everyone looked, I turned red, and waited for my kids out side. It took me a while to think of what to make. It had to be fabulous…. have you seen what this lady makes…. yummy!!! Finally after rattling a few ideas around in my brain, these little guys were made.
I hope you enjoy!
Snickerdoodle Cookie Jars
Makes 2- 8oz jars
Ingredients:• 2 – 8 oz mason jars (I was able find somewhat flat ones at Wal-mart)
• ½ cup butter, softened
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• ¾ cup white sugar + 2 tsp for topping
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 ¾ cup flour
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 ½ tsp cinnamon + ½ tsp for topping
• 2 Tbsp milk
• Ice cream or Kim’s fan-tab-ulous homemade whip cream
1. Pre heat your oven to 375.
2. Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
3. In a gallon sized Ziploc bag, add flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Shake well.
4. Slowly incorporate flour mix into butter mix. Once fully incorporated add milk 1 Tbsp at a time.
5. Press 3 ½ Tbsp of cookie dough into each jar. (If you have a larger jar you can fill with more cookie dough. Just don’t go over 2/3 full.)
6. In a small bowl combine 2 tsp sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle over dough in the jars.
7. Place each jar into a 13x9 baking pan. Fill with 2-2 ½ cups of water (just about ½ way up the jar).
8. Bake for 18-20 min.
9. Then turn oven off and broiler on low (leave the pan with jars in oven).
Watch very carefully. You just want to brown the top. It takes about 3 min.
10. Remove from oven. Using an oven mitt, remove jars from pan and place on wire rack to let cool another 4-5 min or until you can handle.
11. Top with ice cream of Kim’s fan-tab-ulous homemade whip cream.
**Note: The “cookies” in the jars will be just a bit under done. If you would like them more done, just increase the cooking time a few min.
*Drools....* Good gracious did you see those?!? I can't believe I've lived my life thus far without having these... haha! These would be such a neat treat for gifts, and I can bet you the little one's would find them totally awesome! I am on the hunt for these jars now, and will be trying them asap! Thanks Lauren for this post, your cookies look positively heavenly!
Check out Lauren's Blog Here: Forever Now and Then
And you can find her on Twitter too!