I am European (from former Yugoslavia) who is living in US for the last 13 years and found home in Nashville TN. I love Nashville mostly because people are very kind, it is a great place to raise kids and it has all 4 seasons which is fantastic. I am married to a wonderful man for 11 years and we have three angles, two boys(almost 11 and 5) and a girl( 8 years old). Life as a stay at home mother of three, wife , writer and a food blogger is not easy but I enjoy it very much.
#2: When did you first start cooking, and have you always enjoyed it? My first time trying to cook was around 11 years old, but being home with my mom that was 12 years of my life home all the time, was not something that I had to do. Since I become mom myself I do a lot of cooking and I love it.
#3: How did you get your start in Blogging? This is a good question...I have no idea how I came on this idea! Only thing that I remember saying to myself is "Why I don't write my recipes and share with other people?" I came a long way, learning from other bloggers, searching, and researching..watching a lot of videos....but I've been told nothing can happen over night. I am with blogger since September and I am just hoping that people will not get tired of my kitchen experiments.
#4: If you could eat one thing every day what would it be?
Hm this one is hard..but if I could eat bacon everyday guilt free that would be it for sure!:)))
#5: What inspired today's recipe?
#5: What inspired today's recipe?
I wanted to make something that your readers would enjoy, and I thought that this recipe was the perfect fit.
Hello Farmer's wife readers,
First I want to thank you Kim for asking me to guest post on your wonderful blog. I enjoy your comfort dishes and sense of humor that you are bringing to every post that you publish. Now this guest post is special to me because Kim was the first person to ask me, and I accepted with open arms.
When she asked me I didn't have any idea what to make, to suit her blog. I had two dishes on the side, but they weren't calling Kim's name :D so a few days ago I was making this blueberry muffin bread which was supposed to be our Saturday breakfast...ha ha to that, as soon as my kids came home my breakfast bread was gone. I hope that you will like it as much as my family!
Cheers to all and thanks again Kim for this opportunity!!!
Blueberry Muffin Bread
12 1/2 ounces flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup Canola oil
1 cup yogurt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, boiled in water
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- In a sauce pan place blueberries and 1Tbs. Sugar with 1/2 cup of water, boil and put it on the side until ready to use.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients reserving 1Tbs. of the dry ingredients and toss with the blueberries. Stir mixture.
- Drain the blueberries but save the juice/water.
- Add to the blueberry water juice of 1/2 Orange, stir and set aside.
- Add 1 cup blueberries to mixture and stir few more times. Reserve about 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Add the mixture to greased loaf pans. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of berries on top of muffins and press down lightly. Place into the oven and increase the temperature to 400 degrees F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pan few times while baking.
- Before taking it out, spoon over whole bread blueberry-orange warm juice that you reserved. And place the bread back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn off the oven; let it cool down in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes. Than turn it upside down on tea towel to cool completely.
Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Did you get a load of that bread?!? Oh my goodness, when I first saw that picture I swear to you I went crazy! I immediately showed my Hubby and decided that I must make this ASAP! This would be a fantastic treat for breakfast, brunch or just an everyday snack. I hope you all will make this soon and I just want to say a giant Thanks to Sandra! Great recipe girl!
Check out Sandra's fantastic Blog here at: Sandra's Easy Cooking
And you can also find her on Facebook!